IntaPeople Limited (company number 02968797) (“IntaPeople”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience and will ensure that the information you submit to us is only used for the purposes set out in this policy in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
As part of our ongoing dedication to cybersecurity IntaPeople is now Cyber Essentials Certified. We take our security seriously; protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data is extremely important to us.
Cyber Essentials was developed by government, in consultation with industry. It offers a sound foundation of basic cyber hygiene measures which, when properly implemented, can significantly reduce a company’s vulnerability. The scheme’s set of 5 critical controls is applicable to all types of organisations, of all sizes, giving protection from the most prevalent forms of threat coming from the internet.
Cyber Essentials certification gives you the peace of mind that IntaPeople’s defences are protected against the vast majority of common cyber-attacks.
IntaPeople must process personal data (including sensitive personal data where required) so that it can provide its services – in doing so, IntaPeople acts as a data controller. If you have any enquiries or concerns about your personal data, our contact details are:
2nd Floor Longcross Court
47 Newport Road
Telephone number: +44(0)29 20 252 500
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may give your personal data to IntaPeople directly such as on a job application, contact form or via your online account on our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a job board/CV database or on a social media website. IntaPeople must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Collection and use of personal data
Purpose of processing and legal basis
IntaPeople will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
IntaPeople will always obtain your explicit consent to submit your CV to a client as part of the work-finding process. Your consent will be recorded using a representation email which outlines the role you are being submitted for as a candidate as well as the purposes for which your personal data will be processed.
Your email marketing consent is managed on an “opt-in” basis to ensure that you only receive information that you have requested/opted in to.
Where IntaPeople has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- An existing copy of your CV stored on our database has been matched to a relevant role
- You have submitted a job application to IntaPeople via our website or an external job board
- You have emailed a copy of your CV directly to one of IntaPeople’s employees
- An IntaPeople employee has obtained your personal details / a publicly available copy of your CV from a job board website/online CV database or social networking website
- A colleague/friend/associate has sent us a copy of your CV as a referral/recommendation for a relevant role
- An IntaPeople employee has identified you as a relevant business contact and has obtained your details on LinkedIn, a company website or other publicly available source in order to further a business relationship
Please note: IntaPeople will never submit your CV to an external client without consulting you as the candidate and obtaining your explicit consent (in the form of a representation email). A record of this consent will be stored on IntaPeople’s database and your personal data will only be used for the purposes outlined in the representation email unless you specify otherwise.
A copy of your CV will be stored on IntaPeople’s database for a maximum of 3 years. IntaPeople has deemed this period reasonable due to the fact that your CV may get matched against a relevant role. As specified above, IntaPeople will never submit your CV without consulting you as the candidate first.
If you no longer wish IntaPeople to store and process your CV or other personal data, please send an email to email@example.com where we will process your request.
What information do we collect?
IntaPeople may collect personal data such as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Contact details (including telephone number, email address and postal address)
- National insurance number (required for all contractors and may be required for candidates that are placed in a permanent position)
- Identification documents (e.g. driving license, passport, utility bill). At least one form of ID is required for each candidate that we place, however the client may request additional forms of identity if any security checks are required.
IntaPeople may also collect the following sensitive personal data from your CV, if required for a security check or by our clients when providing you with work-finding services:
- Ethnic origin
- Disability/health condition relevant to the role (requested on demand, only when required by our clients)
- Criminal conviction (requested on demand, only when required by our clients)
How do we use your personal data?
IntaPeople will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide work-finding services to clients and candidates;
- Internal record keeping;
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs (your details will never be shared with a client without your explicit consent);
- Matching you to relevant vacancies and contacting you via email, telephone, instant messaging or SMS;
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports, company news and other information (where you have given us consent). Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications by clicking the link in the email. If you are a candidate and have created an online account on our website, you will be able to update your email marketing preferences from within the “your account” section.
- To comply with contractual obligations with our clients;
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted to do so by law;
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- To answer your enquiries; and
- If IntaPeople or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event.
Who do we share your personal data with?
IntaPeople may share your personal data with the following trusted third parties:
- Referees (if details are provided to us by a candidate);
- Trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as IntaPeople;
- Third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, support engineers, email providers, multi-posting services (in relation to job applications processed via external job board websites) and backup/DR providers (backup data is encrypted and our backup provider has no direct access to any data stored by IntaPeople.). These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as IntaPeople; and
- Our clients (acting as a prospective employer if you are a candidate, only when consent has been given).
Please note: The processing of personal data with these trusted third parties is necessary in order for IntaPeople to provide its services. These third parties will only have access to your personal data if required by them to perform their functions and they are not permitted to use any personal data for any other purposes.
If you are offered a role via IntaPeople your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the required personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- The offer of employment or the contract could be rescinded due to insufficient information
- Payment for work completed could be withheld if necessary details are not provided
- Some companies conduct extensive background checks. Failure to provide the necessary information may result in an offer being rescinded.
IntaPeople may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
IntaPeople will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where IntaPeople has obtained your consent to process your personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period IntaPeople will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted IntaPeople will cease to process your personal data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data IntaPeople processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data IntaPeople processes on you (subject access request);
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your request and we will be in touch to assist with your request.
IntaPeople will only send you marketing communications via email and other communication types that you have consented to.
Where we have sent marketing communications to you via email, you may opt-out of receiving any further marketing communications from IntaPeople by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the footer of the email message. If you are a candidate and have created an online account on our website, you will be able to update your email marketing preferences from within the “your account” section.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about IntaPeople’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call our office to speak to one of our representatives.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you want to opt out, download and install the add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your current web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
Complaints or enquiries
For more information about the Data Protection Act or the General Data Protection Regulation, please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk.