Java Software Engineer - Contract (8months+)
Salary: £460.00 - £510.00
IntaPeople are proud to be partnered with a FTSE100 client based in Leeds who require several Senior Developers to join their technical function. This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design — typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Initially 8 months (start asap) with likely extension
- Central Leeds location
- Hybrid working model (2 wfh days / 3 office days )
- InsideIR35 - no negotiation
For more information, please call Josh Wallace on 02920 252 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial call back.
Get in touch:email@example.com