2nd line Desktop Engineer
Ref No. 24167
Wales - Swansea
Posted 21 Mar 2023
Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are working with a Swansea based tech company to expand the Infrastructure team with a Service Desk Analyst. Ideally, you will have an ITIL qualification, but we’re interested in speaking with 1st/2nd line support technicians with an understanding of ITIL best practices
- You’ll be a self-starter, proactive, inquisitive and driven.
- You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to communicate complex IT issues to non-technical staff and management
- Customer Service is an integral part of the role so you’ll have strong communication and people skills
About the role:
- Responsibilities include call logging, analysis, diagnosis and resolution of Incidents. Provision of Service Requests, Changes and IT Security functions throughout a range of Technology Service matters, including standard business and bespoke applications.
- You will ensure all work undertaken is managed within the designated Call logging system (Ivanti) in accordance with the agreed customer service levels and working toward ITIL and ISO27001 compliance.
- The role involves general maintenance support tasks including Antivirus compliance, Security patching, Image build & update and various IT Security functions including user & security group Active Directory administration as well as administration of a Windows and Thin Client estate
The experience required
- PC’s, Printers, Networking, Microsoft, Citrix, Active Directory, Sophos Antivirus and DLP.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 with Office 2016/365 exposure
- Previous experience working within an end user Service Desk or call centre setting within an IT support or application support environment.
- User & Security Group Active Directory administration experience
- Experience managing major incidents including business expectations and communications.
- Experience with Ivanti ISM and EPM is desirable
About the benefits:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- 12% Bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities and additional training
IT Team Lead
Get in touch:email@example.com