Project Manager - 35 hour week - Hybrid/Bristol
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
IntaPeople are currently working closely with a leading organization based in Bristol, whom due to a demand in growth and project roadmap ahead, now requires an Junior-Mid level Project Manager to join their project delivery team and the wider Infrastructure IT team.
Working closely with the wider business and change team whilst also collaborating with the internal IT team which is made up of several layers of Software Developers and IT Engineers, The scope of the projects can range from business improvement projects seeking to change processes and behaviors through to IT infrastructure projects.
Furthermore, you will;
- Act as a liaison between the business and technical project team members, offering hands-on project direction, guidance and assistance
- Be accountable for managing projects proactively to ensure that they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality.
- Apply appropriate methodologies and governance to control project progress, risk costs and quality.
- Support, guide and train junior members of the Project Delivery team to help build their project knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that senior stakeholders are engaged in projects; that key milestone progress updates are regularly provided; and that all aspects of projects follow the governance structure.
- Create and maintain project plans, being accountable for communicating and updating these plans as projects progress
- Monitor project performance against key parameters - including budget and timescales - throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Finding the right character is more important than experience for this company so although we are ideally looking for a Project Manager who can hit the ground running, they are very much open to Junior candidates who have the right attitude and transferable skills (although salary will reflect this).
- Computer Science/studies, Business Management or a related degree
- Experience working as a Project Manager or has experience/transferable skills
- Knowledge or experience across the full project life cycle
- Experience working with the software development team (including life cycle)
- AGILE/LEAN and other methodologies
- Stakeholder management skills (all levels)
- Have strong analytical skills, able to think laterally and challenge the status quo
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience working within a Software or Information Technology environment
- Having experience within the financial, legal, insurance or professional services industry would be highly desirable
Alongside the operations team, you will work with colleagues to understand and document existing business processes using recognised process mapping techniques and tools to turn these into technical requirements for the IT/Software team to progress with. Analyse process to highlight areas of concern and determine the root cause. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through the development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
Having the skills to present and communicate is key for this position as you will eventually be required to work closely with stakeholders and identify the needs of each group in conjunction with their plans. The overall IT function is over 100 strong so progression opportunities and development skills are great here. The company are working on many modern digital transformation projects that include Azure DevOps and the cloud, so you’ll be exposed to modern working practices and technologies.
- Project Manager
- 35hour working week
- Bristol city center location – Hybrid working model with the expectations of 1 day per week on site although it’s not ‘strict’
- A competitive salary of up to £40,000 DOE (juniors will be offered £30,000 - £35,000 DOE)
- 25 days annual leave starting + Bank Holidays (with the ability to gain more with service)
- Bonus structure
- Training and development opportunities – the client pays towards Agile, Prince2 or relatable certifications
Plus so much more …..
For more information or a detailed job description please call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500 or alternately click APPLY now for a response regarding your application. Please note we’re unable to offer VISA sponsorship at this time and candidates must be within a ‘reasonable commute’ of Bristol.
Team Manager (IT)
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org