Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are looking for a Procurement Assistant to join a well establish team within a Global Technology Group based in Port Talbot.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Raise raw material purchase orders according to the requirements of the ERP.
- Send out RFQ to Supplier Base
- Negotiate price and delivery with suppliers.
- Identify improvement activities within purchasing / material functions to improve efficiency with department
- Share in departmental objectives and initiatives.
- Provide input to production meetings to ensure material availability
- Use the ERP system in reviews with the suppliers / customers ensuring that both suppliers and internal requirements are being met.an optimal way to maximise internal transactional efficiency and minimise total costs, adopting ‘best practice’ and contributing to their improvement.
- Participate in business
- Support material quotations when necessary and other duties within the department.
Skills & Experience
- CIPS (Ideal not essential)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing procurement role.
- Good IT skills required including knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Able to make effective decisions and to work within tight deadlines.
- Engineering knowledge will be advantageous
- Must be customer focused and have a sound appreciation of internal and external customers.
Get in touch:email@example.com