Junior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
Are you a Junior Infrastructure Engineer looking to join an organisation to build a long-lasting career?
You will be joining a global organisation that manufacture and distribute medical products, life and industrial products, imaging products, information communication products and other related items. They have 118 subsidiaries, and 3 affiliates (as of June 2016), with European headquarters centred in Hamburg, Germany.
What you get in return is a salary up to 38k with a structured roadmap for progression, 10% Bonus, 10% non-contributory pension (i.e. they put in 10% and you can put in what you like), 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays, Private Medical Insurance, Life assurance and Employee Assistant Program.
About the role:
You will be supporting and maintaining the IT infrastructure to meet efficiency and performance needs of local, group management and all group compliance standards.
- Administration of desktop computers, servers, prints, access point, software deployment, security updates and patches to maintain the IT service
- Technical support for users of software and hardware systems
- Manage and support the LAN, WLAN, WAN to provide an efficient IT System
- Support, maintain and make necessary improvements to the virtualised environment to provide an efficient and reliable IT service (VMWare ESXi, vCenter)
- Maintain and prepare documentation relating to IT services.
- Performance diagnostic tests, repairs or modifications to software and hardware
- Suggest hardware and software purchases to ensure they are in line with requirements and compatibility
- Monitor Helpdesk logs and calls and take actions to ensure response to set SLA and KPI
- Assist with system security and IT disaster recovery
- Support with planning, design and implementation of new IT systems.
- 4+ years Systems administration within similar IT environment
- 2 years’ experience of working within a virtual and SAN environment
- Experience with Cisco networking solution
- Strong troubleshooting skills and documentation skills
- Strong planning and time management skills
“Apply” now for immediate consideration
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org