Senior Linux Engineer
Salary: Please contact us
Are you a Senior Infrastructure Engineer that specializes in Linux looking for a role where you can work remotely?
We’re helping our client in Swansea expand the technical team with open engineers who want to learn new things.
About the role:
- You will provide support and technical expertise to assist with the departmental objective of delivering and developing a stable and secure operational infrastructure service that meets the business requirement.
- You will support the business in BAU, Project Delivery and R&D capacities following industry best practices, while collaborating with team members and other departments and 3rd parties where required.
- You will keep abreast of emerging technologies and assist with the Infrastructure strategy while maintaining and developing relationships with Internal stakeholders, vendors and suppliers to achieve the departmental objective while contributing to the wider IT Strategy.
- Red Hat certified engineer (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent knowledge of deploying, supporting and migrating Linux Server Operating Systems including CentOS and RedHat.
- Strong experience designing, deploying and supporting containerisation platforms and technologies e.g. Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes.
- Strong experience using orchestration and configuration tools such as Ansible, puppet etc.
- Experience deploying and supporting application stacks on Linux OS (Apache, Tomcat, Hadoop, Spark, JMS..)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins/Drone/Circle CI)
- Experienced with user authentication using MS Active Directory.
- Experience of backup and DR.
- Experience of infrastructure and application performance monitoring.
- Exposure to VMWare vSphere farm architecture and management.
- Exposure to Load Balancers (preferably F5.)
- Experience deploying Elastic Stack.
- Experience working with scalable distributed file systems (such as GlusterFS.)
- Good understanding of storage and storage platforms.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Operating system and Anti-Virus patch management.
- Strong exposure to knowledge of leveraging, integrating cloud services (AWS/Azure).
- Significant exposure to working closely with internal and external development teams in a DevOps environment.
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Kim for an informal chat on firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Team Lead
Get in touch:email@example.com