Salary: £20000-£30000 depending on experience
We are urgently looking for a team of Service Desk Analysts / Engineers to help fill 6 new positions on a busy sService Desk team near Cardiff.
This 24/7 cover (team of 12 in total) so you'll be working earlies, lates and night shifts. You will receive a 12.5% uplift on your salary to help compensate you for working occasional night shifts. 31 days holiday & individual annual bonus.
Our client supports financial services customers all over the world and have offices from Singapore to New York.
If you have between 1 and 3 years experience within a technical helpdesk, telecoms or IT Services marketplace we'd love to hear from you.
The role will be quite technical (on the data networks / VoIP side of things) but you will get the training you need on their products before you start. It would be handy to have some experience around telephony or data systems but it's not absolutely essential.
You must have at least 1 years commercial IT Service Desk or Helpdesk experience and be able to get to their office just outside Cardiff regularly.
Beneficial skills include:
- Understanding of network administration and configuration of IP and VoIP/Data networks.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, application deployment and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP in telephony communication.
- Network Routing and protocols, NAT, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP.
- Understanding of database technology: Microsoft SQL or MySQL.
- Knowledge of VPN technologies and remote connection tools
- Exposure to an ITIL framework.
The responsibility of the SOC analyst is to register and classify received incidents and to undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible.
- Provide support to clients via Telephone / Email / Chat / Remote access.
- Pro-active monitoring and system health checks of customers voice recording infrastructure.
- Incident Management: own incident and problem management, ensure that incident tickets are tracked and updated correctly, focus on SLA’s and customer communication.
- Capture and analysis of system logs and alarms.
- Liaison and escalation for technical support including internal Tier 2/3 teams and manufacturer when appropriate.
If this sounds of interest to you please apply now for further details and a confidential chat, thanks!
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org