Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are looking for a Quality Engineer to operate within a team in the Quality Department based out of Cardiff. The selected candidate will be responsible for problem solving and analysing internal customer and quality issues with the products. The role will provide technical expertise in the mechanical elements of the products. You will be expected to follow processes and procedures, using various methodologies to determine the root cause of issues, and then offer suggestions and countermeasures to resolve these.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out process audits in the plant, including reviews of work instructions, processes and flows, and report issues found. Work with the auditees to provide viable solutions and recommendations to issues raised.
- Use available information and tools including measurement methods and techniques, CAD models, R&D documentation, samples and analytical approaches to propose viable countermeasures and solutions.
- Evaluate the proposals and write structured reports to conclude the findings of the investigations and recommendations.
- Participate in quality assurance activities as part of new model development. Use mechanical expertise to consider potential quality issues with the CAD design and stage samples throughout project duration.
- Attend the appropriate meetings and fill out applicable documents and reports.
- Carry out testing, measurement, and evaluation of products at pre-production stage of new model developments and during MP stage.
- Complete the appropriate reports in line with the evaluation.
- Plan and prioritise tasks and projects based on information from other team members relating to risk, severity and number of complaints from customers whilst adhering to the agreed deadlines.
- Provide updates in weekly project and team meetings on any new or ongoing issues. This will include appropriate responses and actions being taken.
- To attend development and quality meetings, provide necessary information, and contribute to these where required.
- Consider new technology and methodologies to improve and implement quality systems and processes to improve accuracy and efficiency.
Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in a Production, Quality or Mechanical Engineering, based discipline
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience OR at least 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- High-level problem-solving skills with the ability to efficiently find root cause and resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, ideally ENOVIA and CATIA V5.
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, 5 Why’s, etc.
- Product and component evaluation skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (metal pressing, injection moulding, mechanical assembly).
- Understanding of engineering design and design for manufacture.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence
- Must be able to travel abroad.
- Knowledge of auditing processes (desirable).
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org