Surface Mount Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 + Employee benefits
Are you looking for a new and exiting opportunity? Are you looking to get into a role where the business are global leaders in their field and can provide you the essential training and skills to progress your career?
Well I am currently looking for a Surface Mount Technician who can be held responsible for the programming and operating of surface mount equipment, paste machines and reflow ovens. The ideal candidate would be involved with intricate work involving soldering of fine pinch devices (0.5mm), 0402 components and chip swapping. Whilst working closely with engineers, you need to ensure that products that are being built are meeting quality standards.
- Use of computer software to operate and configure SMT equipment
- Manage the identification of electronic components, part verification, feeder pick-up locations, and placements according to the demands of works orders and bills of materials.
- Care of surface mount component supply on a daily basis, including checking in new stock, labelling, packing, and storing.
- Deliver any non-conforming items to the attention of the engineering and materials departments, and fixing any errors discovered.
- Coordinate with key individuals to make sure production is planned to fulfil goals and deadlines.
- To have an understanding of techniques, such as corrective soldering, removal and replacement of components.
- Familiarity of IPC610 L3 (electronic assembly build in accordance to IPC standards
- Ability to use magnifiers
- Compliance for ISO 9000:2008 guidelines
Working hours - 37.5 per week
Monday - Thursday - 8.30am – 5pm
Friday - 8.30am – 2pm
Full time onsite position (no hybrid work or remote working available). Client is not open to relocation from outside of the UK for this position.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then please, apply within. Alternatively, give me a call on 02920 252 500 or send an email to email@example.com
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org