Senior IT Technician
A community based not-for-profit company in South Wales, are seeking a new Senior IT Technician to assist the Head of Digital transformation in providing IT services and ensuring the business’s strategy/IT systems/services are maintained and up to date.
You'll manage and provide responsive IT Service Desk and technical 3rd line support, recommending solutions that provide value for money and business improvement, help update policies/procedures, and advise on Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. You will also ensure effective Cyber Security arrangements are in place to manage threats and administer the business’s Active Directory service.
This position will be responsible for line management of an IT technician, for collaborating with external IT suppliers, and providing cover for the Head of Digital Transformation whenever necessary, so we are looking for a technical lead with strong communication and relationship building capabilities.
- Experience of installation / upgrading Microsoft Windows software and operating systems
- Experience of systems administration functions
- Knowledge of IT networks, Microsoft Office & Windows (10 or greater)
- Knowledge of Virtualisation and SAN technologies, especially VMware
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management software, IOS & Android mobile operating system platforms
- Knowledge of IT security arrangements, including VPN, authentication, antivirus, firewall and access procedures.
- Ability to drive and access to a car and open to carry out occasional work on evenings/weekends
Applicants must be within commutable distance of Cardiff for weekly visits and must have right to work in UK as we do not offer sponsorship.
Please ‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Rachael for a confidential chat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Get in touch:email@example.com