Salary: Please contact us
£23,000 - £25,000 per annum plus benefits
Permanent full time
This is a brand-new role within a wonderful Finance team working with a cutting-edge business who deliver engineering and training services globally. My exclusive client is a leading provider within their field. As Accounts Assistant you will report directly into the Financial Controller based at the Head Office in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire. As you progress within the role and complete your training and probationary period you will then have the opportunity for further flexibility and remote working. Due to the nature of this business, you will need to complete security clearance.
As Accounts Assistant you will be required to:
- Collate and rectify any timesheet related queries, saving incoming timesheets, and adjusting as requested.
- Raise purchase orders in line with company procedures and investigate when ordering products and services
- Arrange hotel, hire car arrangements as requested for personnel traveling within the business
- Close any outstanding Purchase Orders on a timely basis.
- Reconcile purchase invoices to purchase orders, ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated and rectified
- Obtain authorisation for any changes prior to payment.
- Process Supplier Purchase Invoices.
- Process employee expenses, reviewing for correct coding and VAT. Process the expenses on the Company’s Expense Management System.
- Ensure that computerised personnel records such as sickness and annual leave is accurately maintained.
- Raise job numbers in the company job costing system in line with company procedures.
- Control the company stationery including re-ordering stock when required.
- Assist the Financial Controller and Assistant Financial Controller with any Ad hoc duties as required.
- Assist with processing of Monthly Sales Invoices as required.
Skills and experience required for the role
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- The ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Excellent communication
- A relevant accounts qualification considered an advantage
Principal Recruitment Consultant
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org