Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are looking for Mechanical Engineer with the Design Support team. The selected candidate will operate to support the key Cost Reduction and Quality improvement activities and product already launched and in the marketplace. They have technical responsibility for design review, improvement development and evaluation tasks, ensuring that their individual and department targets are met successfully.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate Ideas and help realise them to ensure R&D meet the annual target.
- Apply technical knowledge to resolve and coordinate Quality issues into areas of expertise with internal contacts, external suppliers and customers, toolmakers, and other Panasonic organisations.
- Help close DRS and maintain the system.
- Consider historic problems and endeavour to eradicate them from future designs by feeding back to colleagues within project teams.
- Support the Executive Engineer to create and maintain project plans / schedules for CR or Quality Improvements.
- Provide necessary information for technical meetings and attend and contribute to, the relevant update meetings, both internal and external.
- Mentor and support junior members of the mechanical design team with the technical aspect of their work.
Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in an Engineering or business-based discipline plus 3 years relevant industry experience, or at least 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Component design (plastic & sheet metal) & Assembly design.
- Drafting – dimensioning & tolerance.
- Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes (injection moulding/metal pressing).
- Materials selection.
- Product and component evaluation.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- High-level problem-solving skills with the ability to efficiently resolve technical issues.
- High Level 3D CAD skills preferably CATIA V5 and ENOVIA.
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies e.g., Lean, 5 Why’s, Six Sigma etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel abroad.
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org