Java Software Engineer
Salary: Please contact us
Eager to find a full stack development role where you can work with modern technology and cloud infrastructure? I’m helping a Cardiff based tech company expand the team with Software Engineers to work on multiple workstreams. The role is mainly remote with travel to the office when required.
About the Company:
- They’re champions of Agile; they work in Agile Scrum teams and have agile ceremonies including requirements gathering, refinement sessions, estimation, sprint planning, daily stand ups and retrospectives
- They are made up of small teams, that are inclusive, open, and collaborative. They encourage team members to share ideas, solutions, and decision making to drive forward the effectiveness of the teams and products that they deliver.
- You’ll have a desire to learn and consistently develop your skills, whether you’re studying for an accreditation or working on side projects
- Personality is an important part of this role, we’re looking for someone with strong communication skills to liaise with stakeholders as well as being a team player who enjoys bouncing ideas in a Scrum Meeting
- You’ll have developed web applications in a commercial setting
- You’ll have experience in developing APIs. Design Patterns and OOD
About the role/tech:
- We are looking for someone with experience of Java 8 or later.
- DevOps practice, Infrastructure as Code and Secure by Design
- Knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
- Experience in developing middleware and server side applications.
- Experience in implementing and consuming SOAP or RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of the Java Hibernate, web services and Spring frameworks/libraries.
- Experience in developing applications using Spring Boot.
- Familiar with build tools such as Maven or Ant.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- An appreciation of CI/CD concepts and using tools such as Jenkins, Azure Devops, and Ansible.
- A good understanding of networking concepts such as load balancing, firewalls, resiliency, reverse proxies, etc.
- Working knowledge with Cloud technologies such as Azure and GCP
Next steps.. Easy, apply for the role and we’ll be in touch.
IT Recruitment Consultant Team Lead
Get in touch:email@example.com