Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Are you an experienced Assembly Engineer looking for a new venture? Do you have a broad experience in building new machinery? IntaPeople are working with a global company based in Staffordshire, that are looking for an experienced mechanical fitter to join their growing team. You will be working with gearboxes, screw shafts and extruder barrels, and so experience in these fields is highly desirable. You will ideally have a knowledge of working with close tolerance components and understanding of 5S principles.
- To assemble twin-screw extruders, drum coolers and cooling conveyors (and some ancillary equipment)
- Refurbishing twin-screw extruders
- Refurbishing gearboxes, screw shafts and extruder barrels
- Occasional pre-delivery testing/ commissioning of machinery will be required
- Some site work/ on-site commissioning or resolving service issues on extruders may be required
- Having an understanding of 5S principles is beneficial
- Hours 7:30am - 15:30pm Mon-Fri (plus overtime)
- Apprenticeship or relevant experience as an assembly engineer/ fitter
- Experience in new machinery build
- Experience working with close tolerance components
- Installation of seals and bearings
- Fitting of gears and bearing/ refurbishing of gearboxes
- Hydraulic pipework, water hoses and some pipefitting plus some pneumatic pipework
- Fitting of guards, brackets etc. Often in stainless steel
- Highly organized and conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
- Self-motivation and the competence to work unsupervised
- Capable of working independently or in a team and able to coordinate with others to meet delivery targets and deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to global destinations if required for machine commissioning and start-ups
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org