Lead Platform Engineer
Salary: Please contact us
IntaPeople are working in partnership with a global business intelligence company, who have created a brand-new role within their infrastructure department.
As a Platform Engineer Lead, you will analyse system requirements, address any functional problems, and create test plans/scripts to perform standard testing while delivering solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security.
Whilst having the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, you will have a proven technical background across Linux and Windows infrastructure on Azure, AWS, and on-prem data centers coupled with a solid understanding of networks with systems improvements and infrastructure automation at the core of everything you do.
As the successful Platform Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
- Organise and monitor software and configuration changes.
- Collect requirements, understand them, create engineering/support documentation, and provide advice to enable support functions to work pro-actively.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test cases, check, and document results to ensure the system's technical, functional, and non-functional requirements are met.
- Test, launch and help train users in new systems.
- Provide 3rd line/deep-dive support where appropriate.
To apply for the Platform Engineer Lead, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- In-depth configuration management, automation, and scripting skills including use of a scripting language (Python) and proficiency with shell scripting using PowerShell / Bash.
- Demonstratable commercial experience of Infrastructure as Code tools such as ARM Templating / Terraform / CloudFormation.
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies with experience in CI/CD.
- Windows Server – 2008(R2), 2012(R2), 2016, 2019
- Linux Server – Ubuntu from 18.04; Redhat derivatives like Centos, Oracle Linux, etc
- Good networks skills (DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP)
- Strong commercial experience in managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments.
- Good understanding of a DevSecOps culture.
- Formal system testing experience of building test scripts and conducting systems, unit, and regression testing.
Candidates with the above as well as the below will be highly desirable:
- Certification – Azure, AWS, Microsoft.
- Power BI reporting and dashboard creation.
- In-depth knowledge of monitoring tools such as Orion (Solarwinds) / Site 24×7 / Azure Monitor / PRTG tools
For immediate consideration and a confidential chat, apply today!
Get in touch:email@example.com