DevOps Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Salary: Up to £690pd (inside IR35)
he client provides data services and end-to-end data solutions to customers serving the global aviation industry. The company has established a leadership position as a provider of high-quality data and analytics and consultancy services, serving airlines, banks, insurance providers, and more. The company is leveraging the platform and domain knowledge it has developed, to expand into new data sets and new products that deliver value to the company’s core markets.
As the successful Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working on two projects – moving to a Cloud infrastructure (OnPrem to AWS) – then the main piece of work is working on their AWS account to bring it up to standards (enabling security, networking, logging, alerting, monitoring.
- Amazon Web Services (specifically networking/VPC and IAM)
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining high performance, highly available, production hosting environments, preferably using AWS (VPCs, security groups, RDS, S3, EC2, EKS)
- Understanding of security engineering and security best practices
- Good knowledge of at least one high-level scripting language, such as BASH
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and tooling for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Containerisation: Docker & Kubernetes
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- AGILE delivery
- Thorough understanding of major system components used in completing assigned tasks (i.e Linux, Networking, Storage or Databases).
- Java/Spring programming experience
- Government or MOD project experience
Joining a team of several other SRE engineers your primary focus will be involved with the delivery of their CI/CD cloud migration and AWS Product enhancement project. You will not be responsible for managing teams or sites as this is a delivery/change focussed role.
Get in touch:firstname.lastname@example.org