The company does not employ ivory tower architects who tell teams what to write and how to write it, and career progression in the company is based on merit not length of service –Testers work as integrated members of the team and aren’t relegated to running countless manual scripts post software release.
Instead the successful tester will work as the QA specialist within the team and fully trained in automation testing, defining and mentoring team members on producing testable products. The company places a strong emphasis on automation of regression tasks and expect all team members not just the tester to contribute towards test creation.
You will have unparalleled opportunity to contribute your ideas and have genuine influence over how they work working very closely with the product owners to shape the product from beginning to end.
They are a really creative bunch, offering a highly innovative, creative & flexible working atmosphere, the chance to work with cutting edge technology and be part of a growing team.
Here you will work in a truly agile environment in small teams using a well-implemented SCRUM framework and take ownership of issues and solutions. As well as this. The successful Senior tester will -
* Deliver test code (usually as part of a pair) to your teams agreed standards and deadlines.
* Work with the team to continuously improve testing and development process
* Present via scrum, validated and informed opinions about their own work the team health and inter team working arrangements
Above all, as a software tester / QA Engineer joining this team you will need to have a high aptitude and drive, as well as an ability to work effectively in a team and communicate clearly; If you are a tester and feel you have progressed as far as you can in your current company then the opportunity to progress your career is substantial and we would highly recommend getting in touch.
Any applicants for this role should have the following-
* A good understanding of the different levels of the test automation pyramid (UI, service, Unit / code module) and the appropriate amount of testing required at each of these levels.
* Familiarity with programming and scripting basics, including the ability to write and maintain test scripts for common test tools such as selenium
* Strong understanding of how to and when to get the best form exploratory testing and how it differs from scripted testing
* Good understanding or experience of Agile
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience or call Kim on 02920 252500 for a confidential chat or forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org