Development Team Lead
A Development Team Lead is required to join a small but thriving finance company to be responsible for the management of the development, modification and continuing enhancement of the in-house systems. This is a hands-on technical position which is split 80/20 in favour of running the team in an Agile environment.
The ability to innovate and provide disruptive solutions is essential, along with the ability to communicate effectively and work independently. This role will appeal to self-motivated individuals who are keen to develop existing skills, develop additional skills and learn new ways of working within our dynamic, fun and friendly environment.
Main Role Responsibilities
• Show accountability, responsibility and transparency to your team.
• Fulfil any HR requirements in leading the team (i.e. approval of leave, carry out regular 1 to 1’s, etc.)
• Learn existing systems and work towards locating and repairing problems in code.
• Play a key role in the removal of legacy systems and work with the latest technologies to provide new solutions to suit business needs.
• Carry out code reviews as required.
• Introduce new approaches to development as and when required.
• Work cooperatively as part of the IT management team.
• Ensure all changes comply with our quality standards.
• Assist with new project and product development.
• Provide product and process improvement feedback and suggestions.
• Stay up-to-date with new technologies and best practices and to share knowledge with other members of the development team.
Skills required to undertake the role:
• Intellectual competencies – intelligence, analysis skills, pragmatism
• Personal competencies – integrity, excellence, ownership, adaptability, enthusiastic, work under own initiative, degree calibre
• Interpersonal competencies – listening, customer focus, team player, excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration
Knowledge and Expertise
• Experience in leading or managing a team.
• Experience of working within an Agile environment.
• Proven software development track record covering the full development life cycle.
• Experience of working on web applications and back end systems.
• Experience of working in an API driven environment.
• Experience using version control systems.
• Genuine love of IT.
• Financial services background.
• Experience with Adobe Flex, AJAX, ASP.NET, Crystal Reports, Delphi, MySQL, MVC, NoSQL, PHP, Python, SQLite, Sybase.
• Experience of using Angular
• Experience of using Azure DevOps or TFS
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
• Degree in a computing/technical discipline or equivalent experience.
To discuss this role further please apply today and the IntaPeople team will be in touch shortly
Development Team Lead