Business Relationship Manager
Caerphilly, South Wales
£38,000 - £45,000 - dependant on experience
An industry leading organisation in the South Wales area are looking for an experienced Business Relationship Manager to join the team. This position is based within one of the most established organisations in the region who offer unrivalled benefits and a great working environment.
As a Business Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with a number of key stakeholders across the business and additional third parties. You will be the strategic interface between IT and the wider business, ensuring that IT projects are aligned with wider operational plans.
You will be responsible for providing strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout many key IT initiatives to the wider business. Stakeholder management is essential within this role as you will be communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
Duties to include but not limited to;
• To maintain stakeholder satisfaction with the IT team’s service and to mediate in situations of conflict or disagreement
• To maintain a detailed knowledge of the key business processes and systems employed by the business
• To maintain an up to date, detailed understanding of both Business and IT strategy
• To assist with the prioritisation of projects, particularly using cost / benefit analysis to proactively managing business demand
• To maintain a detailed understanding of both operational IT performance and progress of ongoing development, playing a leading role in problem resolution
• To assist with the operational and commercial relationship management of third party suppliers
• To assist the business to form process and systems solutions are appropriate and adequate to satisfy both tactical and strategic business needs
• To play a proactive role in Service Level Agreement negotiations
• Act as a project leader/manager, co-ordinating the work of both internal and external IT resources when required.
• At least 3 years of experience in a business relationship management role
• Degree qualified in a relevant subject
• Possess a formal qualification in business analysis
• Knowledge of how customer service organisations exploit existing and emerging technologies
• Have excellent relationship management skills, being able to work with staff at all levels
• Experience of engaging with and influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organisation and with the gravitas to manage escalation from senior managers and executives
• Experience of working as part of an IT service provided by a combination of multiple partners (including offshore) and in house teams
The organisation offer a great benefits package in return which includes:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Bonus schemes
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Generous pension plan
• Free on site car parking
• Training and development opportunities and more
Business Relationship Manager