Head of IT
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
IntaPeople is seeking an experienced Head of IT for a cool SME in Cardiff. The main thing we are looking for with this one is someone who can help advise the board on the best IT Strategy to help align the business in the coming years. They are looking for someone who is cool and calm under pressure who can help with the board requirements as well as keep the company up to date with complience issues and help with data management, technology that will improve the business considering ROI etc as well having an good breadth of technology experience on things like Office 365, various collaboration tools, new phone systems, cloud technologies etc and also assisting and advising on complience projects such as GDPR and Cyber Essentials.
This is predominantly a 'hands-off' role and is heavily involved around the IT strategy for the group and ongoing roadmap although you will still oversee a small team of 4 IT engineers. You will be the most senior person in IT, almost acting as an IT business partner alongside the FD and Operations Director, they do need someone who is innovative and has experience managing a team of IT Support staff (1st through to 3rd line) as well as the strategic advising side to the role.
• Managing the IT team to ensure the efficient delivery of services
• Provide support to the IT staff to ensure their continued development
• Develop targets and objectives for the IT team
• Manage the recruitment of departmental staff, including any staff disciplinary, following HR guidelines
• Monitor service desk requests to ensure agreed delivery dates are met or the users are informed of delays in request fulfilment.
• Assist IT Services staff in support of their normal duties and where necessary provide cover during periods of high workloads or times of absence.
• Provide occasional out of hours support for URGENT business continuity purposes.
• Assisting with procuring IT equipment, software licenses, consumables and accessories.
• To produce an IT strategy to align with the business and board requirements.
• To produce, maintain and communicate the company’s IT policy to management and users.
• Liaise with the various stakeholders to identify, specify and provide technical solutions for upgrades.
• Advise on compliance with data handling requirements.
• To develop IT processes and procedures using best practice, to improve the departments performance.
• To manage relationships with third party suppliers.
• To manage ongoing IT projects
• To manage the planned maintenance and upgrade of hardware and software.
• To produce monthly reports to senior management and the Directors.
• To maintain and update Forecast Of Outturn (FOO) for Finance Department.
If the above role sounds of interest we'd love to hear from you. We feel this role should be commutable by car or train from Cardiff, Newport, Cwmbran, Rhondda, Merthyr, Barry, Bridgend, Port Talbot and Swansea.
Head of IT